Horse Shopping Trips
We are meticulously focused on finding you, your dream horse. We understand that buying a horse is mixed with both excitement and intrepidation, but we are on your side to ensure that the whole process is stress free, efficient and fruitful. From your first enquiry through to receiving your horse and subsequent after care advice you will feel supported. We offer guided buying trips, impartial trainer advice, full vetting service, advice on EU or International transport and even advice on the best exchange rates and international monetry transfers.
The Buying Process is as follows:
- Please contact Lotty Chatterton with your requirements
- Lotty Chatterton will email you options of horses to view. And gain a full understanding of the type/level of horse you are looking for
- Please book flights. Local airports are Amsterdam and Dusseldorf
- Lotty Chatterton will recommend hotels
- You will be met at the airport by Lotty Chatterton or another of the Suspension Dressage team
- We aim to show you 8 to 12 quality dressage horses in a day
- Second viewings of horses shortlisted are advised
- We act as an intermediary and once you have selected your horse, your offer for the horse will go through us.
- The horse is then yours subject to vetting. We advise a vetting by our German or Dutch vets. They are Internationally renowned and used by many pro riders including, Hans Peter Minderhoud, Adelinde Cornelissen & Helen Langehanenberg
- Where possible prospective owners are encouraged to be present at the vetting
- Horses will be paid for in euros to the owner. Suspension Dressage work on a commission basis of 10%.